There are gowns that you like at first glance and gowns that you love after you give them a second look. I’ve adored a certain gown from the first moment I saw but it’s designer, Arvydas Videika, head of Vamp fashion house, says some of the brides might need some time to get used to his design.
To solve the mystery I’ve asked some questions and found some precious information from a special Lithuanian designer that has enchanted us with his fabulous designs. Enjoy!
1. When did you decided to become a designer and why did you find this domain interesting?
About 15 years ago, I just wanted to do something beautiful, interesting and new (Lithuania about that time became independen, and we got a lot information about fashion)
2. Talk us trough the first years of you work. Maybe you could tell us what did change in time? Are your designs different from the very beginning?
Oh yes, it all changed a lot… I just openede my own fashion house 5 years ago and then it become work to me, not just a hobby, quality changed because I hired professionals, I began to order better fabrics, visited different countries searching new and beautiful materials.
3. Why should a bride-to-be choose one of your gowns?
Hard to answer, they should like my design, quality, price, service. I like my work, and I think they see that J. (FashionBride thinks Videika is far to modest, brides should buy his work because all of his gowns are exquisitely designed and bring a distinct touch in this line of work)
4. How long does it take to design a single wedding dress?
Depends, if it is just a dress or a dress with corset, long or short…but we can do it about 2-3 weeks.
5. Do tell us a bit more about your inspiration sources for your collection.
First of all for me is beautiful women body, so I like the 50’s, I like corsets, light materials…
6. Do you also work with brides or you just try to give them the best of your designs in your collections?
Yes, about 70% of our brides like individual design. (FashionBride is impressed)
7. Have you got any gown you’ve created and that has a very special meaning for you? Can you describe it or can show us a picture?
It’s like from 19th century but at the same time so new for our days, and so chic, it’s very feminine, very shaped but… not for all, not for a princess, like I say, you have to grow up to like this model. (We’ve most certainly grown up to adore it!)
8. From your point of view, how should a perfect bride look like?
The main thing – good quality and a well tailored dress…it makes miracles, the dress might be very simple, but…if it’s tailored, if it has right shape and if a bride knows all that – you‘ll see from kilometers – it’s a perfect bride J
9. And tell us what would you give her and, maybe, other brands can’t.
A big choice of materials, models, shapes and design just for her.
10. Can you give us an insight on your new Collection? What where your inspiration sources, what did you opt for as materials, shapes etc.
You can check out my new collection at http://www.vamp.lt/galerija-pv2010.htm . Materials – silk, satin, lace, shapes – asymmetry, very near body, very tight on top, and cascades of chiffon down, focus on shape, not on decoration.
11. Last but not least, do you have an advice for FashionBride readers?
It’s very big day, and I think it worth to search THAT dress. The dress and all approach will show a lot to all guests – about your style, your knowledge of fashion, your opinion about chic decorations, originality, how you see yourself and much more, so don’t leave the search for the last day.